What you say about yourself matters.
- “I don’t like working out.”
- “I have a shopping problem.”
- “I’m not an organized person.”
Who you think you are is who you become. Our beliefs about ourselves are essentially the limits of where we can go.
If your internal self-talk sells you short, no amount of external motivation will make you change.
Who You Want To Be
If you want to build a better life, start by talking better about yourself.
Reframe your thoughts on who you are, with the aim of becoming the person you want to be.
- “I’m somebody who strives to live a more simple life.”
- “I value financial security over shopping.”
- “I’m the kind of person who doesn’t miss a workout.”
As you change your perception of yourself, taking actions to improve your life will be easier.
Don’t make the mistake of limiting yourself through poorly defining who you are. Internalize the person you want to be.